Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Can Your Own Demo

I found something great on t'internet the other day. I had been asked to do a demo of our new ystem to some users but it would have taken too long to decommission, move and recommission our dev server to be able to show them something moving on screen. Then I remembered I'd seen flash demos on the Netbeans website. I slipped on over and saw they were using Wink.

It's brilliant. You just download and go. We have a real mickey mouse one at the moment but it seems form other demos I've seen you can add "Next" buttons, commentary and subsections of the screens. All this and it can export to a .swf file which you can share!

Beautiful.

1 comment:

Andrew Law said...

You can get more info (courtesy of the Netbeans guys) on how to get clever with Wink here:

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/CreateWinkDemo.html