- We all (or at least a lot of us) met up at Camp 4 Coffee. We filled the place to overflowing. The town know's something's up with all the geeks milling around
- We got taken through a variety of Scala by Dick (Wall), Bill (Venners), Joel (Neely) and Diane (Marsh). When you got lost you could ask (this happened quite a lot with me). Then we worked on reverse engineering LINQ with Scala. We all contributed
- We hacked on JavaFX to build a cool lightning talk app led by Joe (Nuxoll) as the designer and Tor as the lead developer
- We had an introduction to Fan from Fred (Simon) who is a contributor
- We had supper round at Bruce (Eckel)'s. He's laid up with a broken leg, so we cooked for him, grilling beside a massive snow bank, and chatting about cultural differences between the US and Europe. Then I chatted to James (Ward) and we have a mutual aquaintance (Steve Webster, the architect and originator of the Cairngorm framework for FLEX)
- We finished up with a series of summary lightning talks from all the groups on what we'd done during the day
- We adjourned to our house, and met another attendee on the way, chatted, and listened to the Coyotes out in the woods
Anyway, off to Camp 4 and day 1...