Monday, May 07, 2007

JavaOne 2007 (Day 1 – CommunityOne) Hot, Damn Hot

So here we are and this is it. Java/CommunityOne 2007. My first ever. I arrived yesterday from Scotland. I'd been warned but it turns out it is a time of record highs (92 today, 93 tomorrow). All my jumpers and raincoats are starting to look a little supplementary to requirements but the air conditioned barn that is Moscone will be a welcome respite.

This morning there is registration and then the ketynote from Tim O'Reilly and Tim Bray. I've heard Tim O speak on podcasts before and I have met Tim B at a XML conference in the UK. Apparently he is one of the main force behind blogging being part of the Sun revival. They should have something interesting to say between them.

Then for the rest of the day I have the Red Monk unconference. It seems Charles Nutter from Jruby will also be there. I've never been to one of these before either but I have been dead envious of the Java Posse Roundup attendees when listening to their podcasts from that recent event. Talking of the Posse – they're the lunchtime entertainment. Looks good.

No comments: