My laptop died yesterday. What with a previous entry about how great life was with all your stuff online now was the time to test it out. Job 1: Dowload Firefox. Job 2: Get Google Browser Synch up and running. Job 3: Get my favourite extensions and I'm up and running.
Its interesting to me to see what else I felt I had to install to be productive. For me this was the following:
- Java 5 JDK
- Thinking Rock - A GTD To Do List Manager
- Netbeans - IDE of Choice plus the VWP extension and the MevenIDE modules
- Maven - All my Java Projects use it
- Tortoise SVN
- AVS DVD Player - I work away and have to watch my LoveFilm picks somehow
- iTunes - Aaaaaargh. Where have all my podcast subscriptions gone!?
NOTE: If you want to kind of feel like what its like to lose everything just run Windows Cleanup - I lost loads of old files which MSFT deemed no longer important. :-( That'll teach me.